Wednesday, February 6, 2008

SpongeBob Bento

Lightly toasting the potato bread helps keep its shape, but causes some of the yellow to fade (the computer's auto-adjust lighting feature makes it seem bluer too). I used a toothpick to keep the nose up and the bottom of medicine measure to cut out the eyes. The spondgebob sandwich touches the bottom, but I used a layer of cereal to add more to my meal and help the spinach pop out. I had another little container, but it wasn't picture worthy and I didn't have time to snap a shot of it anyway.

Used: Potato bread, Peanut butter, Spinach, Cereal, Cookies, Cheese, Licorice, Nori
Tips: Use your resources! I had a toothpick and a kid's medicine cup (the kind that come on top of children's motrin) lying around in a random kitchen drawer that definitely helped me with this. I've also found that licorice (which is relatively cheap) is great for random character bentos.

No comments: