Friday, February 8, 2008

Moon Bento

Another On-The-Go bento that I threw together this morning in 15 minutes.  We ran out of potato bread, so I had to work with white bread my mom picked up this morning, which has smaller slices than potato bread.  I grabbed the flower-like cutter and punched one out of a slice, but found I could only make one ( :o ), which isn't enough for one sandwich.  Quick thinking (and a container of over 100 cookie cutters in the basement) led to me grabbing a crescent which made a snug cut with the bread remaining.   Two of these made me a sandwich, supported and framed by rice chex.  Rubber cupcake holders have my veggies and apples.  Don't be fooled-I only have a few apples on top.  Beneath them is a layer of baby carrots.  Extra white bread was either turned into stars or eaten.

Used: White bread, Peanut butter, Cereal, Broccoli, Carrots, Apples


This was the flower sandwich I made.  I had some extra apple bits as well as this little guy to compliment my lunch. This didn't fit in my lock&lock, so I hid the apples under and upside down cupcake holder and put the flower on top.  I didn't want my bread to become all soggy.

Used: White bread, Peanut butter, Apples (not pictured)


Tips: Stay open minded!  My original 1 flower sandwich per slice of bread didn't work out, so I made two different sandwiches with 2 slices.  My usual 'shove the extras into random tupperware' didn't work out this time either.  As cliche as it is, today's theme is think outside the (bento) box.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Kawaii!! I love the moon sandwich. What a great theme. Maybe i should start adding more cute elements to my bento's. I have cookie cutters, I'm just lazy =P