Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pikachu Bento!

(One of my friends took a much better picture of this for me, I might get that up later.)  Pikachu Bento!  I've seen waaay better bentos of this little pokemon, but I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.  (Mental Note: Brag less in school about lunches.)  I don't know where out digital camera is, so I kinda have to tilt the Mac downwards and the bento upwards, so the picture quality is usually pretty low.  (My scape-goat-ish way of saying it looked better in person.)

Used: Egg, Potato bread, Brocolli, Spinach, Apples, Licorice, Nori, Cheese

The image is small, sorry.  It's just an arrangement of the extra stuff I had but still wanted to eat. Sadly, I have yet to purchase an actual bento box.  This is kind of like my 'second tier.' (Bentos generally come as semi-tupperware-esque containers that have multiple tiers that stack up with each other, allowing for more foods.)  My favorite part of this is that dark blob on the right.  It's an egg I fried, rolled up, stuck a wavy purple lettuce-like leaf on the outside of, and then skewered with 3 orange toothpicks.

Used: Eggs, Spinach, Apples


Tips: When making a character bento out of an egg remember that you want it to stand out.  Rice has depth, but eggs don't.  Beneath the pikachu I had two slices of lightly toasted potato bread cut-outs of pikachu.  Also, don't make cut-outs without a reference!  I copied a picture off the internet, cut it into a stencil, and used that.  Once you've cut something off, it's gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Pikachu...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xewu24

Angel said...

Oh that is a very good pikachu, I'm impressed. He looks cute and tasty!