Tuesday, February 5, 2008

First Bentos

This bento on the left was one of my first ones, from around Sept. '07.  Simple and quick, good for those on the go.  (And for those with a small appetite!)

Used: Wheat bread, carrots, apples.





This one over here on the right was also a more recent one.  I took me but a day to discover the wonder of dividers.  I picked up 10 or 12 of them from a local craft store for ~$10.

Used: Wheat bread, Carrots, Grapes ^^





Still rocking it out with dividers, I opted for a more exciting angle by cutting by grain into star shapes. Lack of color contrast bothers me, however arranging the apples next to each other would have looks worse.

Used: Pancakes, Carrots, Apples.



My style began evolving around here. Still slightly
plain with the partitioning as well as the empty
space gives it a more primitive look.  I used a cookie
cutter to emphasize the red of the apples and to hold
the rice.






Tips: Place like things across from each other and use fun dividers.

No comments: