Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer School Snack

First day of summer school was yesterday!  It's exciting; I have ALWAYS wanted to take a course during the summer.
Having a snack for a four hour class (7.45-12) seemed like a good idea.  I threw this together in 5-10 minutes Wednesday morning.  Luckily the school I'm in is air conditioned, so i don't have to worry about anything spoiling.  This snack helped sustain me a little, but I learned that I would need to bring something more substantial for myself, which means THERE WILL BE BENTO UPDATES ALL SUMMER LONG!  :]

Ingredients:  Rice, Blueberries, Celery

Tips: Heat. The. Rice. Up. First.  I personally find rice extremely disgusting if it's been moved from a fridge to room temperature and eaten hours later.  If I pop it into the microwave for maybe 20 seconds first, let it cool for a wee bit (it'll steam up the container if it doesn't), and then package it up, it tastes so much better.  It could just be the brand of rice I use though.

No comments: