Monday, July 14, 2008

Sanrio: Purin!

I woke up bright and early this morning with one plan: make a lunch with a yellow Sanrio character.  I went to the Sanrio website and found that Purin, at the left,  is the only remotely yellow one.

In today's update I'll outline what I actually do to create my flat egg characters.

1.  Scramble 2 eggs together in a bowl.  This is usually too much, but I'd rather have too much than too little.  I use the extra for the rest of my lunch anyway.

2.  Create a stencil.  Some
times I blow the image up on my computer before tracing.  I also note any dark areas on the stencil so I know what portions need to be nori.

3.  Cut out egg and nori.  Nori is dried (toasted?) seaweed.  It's black/green, so it makes good shadows and details.

It could be better, but I was proud of it since the whole lunch took less than an hour.  45+ minutes, I believe.  I the oval hole punch my mom bought from her friend to create the eyes and circle part of the nose.  This definitely cut down on time.  :)  Thanks, mom!  There's a sandwich support Purin, by the way.

Ingredients:  Egg, White toast, Turkey, Lettuce, Plum

Tips:  See above  :P

No comments: